Khatti Dal Dish
From Vegetarian Dishes Section
Hyderabadi Khatti Dal Recipe
- ½ cup tuwar dal, boiled and mashed
- 2 drumsticks - cut into 3 to 4 pieces
- Walnut sized imli, soaked in 1 cup water (extract pulp)
- 1 tsp lasan paste
- 1 tsp dhania powder
- 1 tsp jeera powder
- 1 tsp besan, dissolved in ½ cup water
- Chilli powder
- A few curry patta
- A handful of kothmir, chopped
- 1½ tbsp oil
- 1 onion, sliced fine
- Salt to taste
Heat oil, add the sliced onions and fry till crisp. The add garlic paste and fry a little. Add drumsticks, 2 cups water, salt, chilli powder, dhania, jeera powder, tamarind water and curry patta. Cook till drumsticks are tender.
Then add the mashed dal and dissolved besan water. Stir and simmer gently.
Garnish with chopped kothmir and serve hot with Khushka.
Back to Hyderabadi Cuisine Page
Like This Page?
Go to Top of Khatti Dal Recipe page
Return from Khatti Dal Dish to Hyderabad, India home page