Kaliya Asif-Sa Dish
From Mutton Dishes Section
Kaliya Asif-Sa Recipe
- 500 gms mutton, cut into 2” pieces
- 1½ tsp adrak-lasan paste
- 2 tbsp thick beaten curd
- 2 tbsp almonds, blanched and sliced
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 4 green chillies
- 2 pinches of saffron, dissolved in 1 cup milk
- 2 onions, sliced fine and fried till crisp
- 2 tbsp ghee or refined oil
- Salt, chilli powder and sugar to taste
To the mutton add the adrak-lasan paste, salt, chilli powder, green chillies and beaten curd. Allow the mutton to marinate for 1 hour.
Heat ghee, fry the sliced almonds and raisins, then set aside.
In the remaining ghee add the marinated mutton, fry till ghee separates and mutton is browned.
Add 1 cup water and saffron milk, fried crushed onion, salt and sugar to taste.
Cook till mutton is tender.
Sprinkle sliced almonds and raisins.
Back to Hyderabadi Cuisine Page
Like This Page?
Go to Top of Kaliya Asif-Sa Recipe page
Return from Kaliya Asif-Sa Dish to Hyderabad, India home page